Saturday, January 17, 2009

Another Part of Provence Done


I've made even more progress on Provence. This is Part 8. It certainly has helped that the weather has been so unbelieveably rotten here. After yesterday's cold snap of -25 (that was with the wind chill, but still darned cold), it has warmed up a little (very little) and we're expecting 5 to 8 inches of snow! I really can't wait until this winter is over.

Anyway, I'm skipping around a little bit on Provence and still have to do parts 5, 6, and 7 (those parts being other fruits). There is still a little bit missing from this part. There is a lot of vinework to be done within the gazebo, but the thread called for was just too bulky for my tastes, so I ordered another thinner thread and now have to wait until it arrives. Now on to Part 9 (I think - haven't really been paying much attention to what part I'm working on). I realize, too, that I should probably post a picture of my complete progress thus far. I will try to do that later today. I'm just having a lot of fun with this. Maybe while doing the wash and after some cleaning, I can sit and watch the snow and stitch. Nice thought - but it's the weekend so I doubt that will happen.

1 comment:

Siobhán said...

Deb, that's beautiful!! I have an unfinished Chatelaine design & know how much work goes into them. They're so nice, though. I want to see what you've done on Ann Medd since you last took a pic!