Friday, September 5, 2008

My First Entry


This is my first entry into the world of blogging, so please excuse any mistakes I make here.

Let me introduce myself. I'm a stay-at-home mom of two very ACTIVE children. My son is a 10th grader who swims, plays football, caddies golf and just took driver's training. I get a little worried. My daughter just entered middle school and that too is scary!

I decided to enter the world of blogging after seeing so many interesting blogs from people across the world. It is truly fascinating to see their worlds, their hobbies, the pictures and to hear their opinions. I always wanted to do this, but it's finally now that I've been inspired to do so.

I am passionate about needlework. Any kind, whether it be cross-stitching (my first love), needlepoint, knitting, quilting - I love it all. And that is what started me on this attempt to blogging. A friend sent me a link to a Neighborhood Round Robin that was starting up. Traditionally, one person will decide on their theme, and then pass her fabric around (sometimes around the world) for people to enter buildings, trees, etc., to create their town. When the piece comes back there may be up to a dozen different houses, buildings, etc. And they are truly stunning. This particular Round Robin is done totally by the person who wants it. They are to graph out and design their Town. Then they stitch it entirely themselves. As I've wanted to do one of these forever, this seemed like a good opportunity. I don't believe stitching actually begins until December, which gives all the "town builders" sufficient time to plan and draft out their towns.

So, that is why I started this. Also to share my love and enthusiasm for the craft and pictures of what I've done.

I've attempted to put in a picture of a sampler I recently completed. It's by Handwork Samplers and is called Flora Virginia's Holmes' Sampler. It was so much fun to stitch.


No comments: